Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Rainy day & Birthday wishes


It's raining today and I was planning on going to the beach to release some flowers into the ocean...I hope it breaks up long enough to do that at some point today. Normally I would just go in the rain, but I woke up with a scratchy throat and congestion....not exactly the best time for me right now. Today is my husband's birthday as well as our 7 yr personal annivesary and he's at sea. So much has transpired in the last few days that it is hard for me to celebrate it, but he remains in my heart and that will never change no matter where we are in life. I look at my tattoo to remind me of what he means...Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary SP...

So it's the 3rd day at 5 hours and going strong...seems like my pouch has taken a liking to my body (thank goodness). I've requested an additional 2 weeks off to make sure I'm completely ready to return to work...I have never taken a leave except for when my first son was born. This time has definitely allowed me to heal and take care of me (it also helps that my mother has been with me the entire time). I'm so used to taking care of myself...it's nice to have someone else take care of me for once. Part of me wishes I had taken the same time with my previous surgeries, however I believe that it was my destiny to end up with a Koch Pouch. I remember when the doctor presented it as an option and I knew instantly that I was going to have this surgery. Of course I still entertained other procedures, but my gut knew otherwise. I'm very grateful this surgery exists and that I was a candidate. To think this procedure was invented in the 1950's...amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment