Sunday, January 17, 2010

New things to learn

It's really interesting to learn how this pouch works....the signs of trouble....knowing when the pouch is full. I haven't quite figured it out, but I'm starting to. I'm noticing when I nearing full my gauze gets really wet and the pouch starts throbbing. This happens primarily when it's really loose. Tonight i've had to empty early twice, both times it came pouring out. testing out immodium to see if it will help. I would prefer to not deal with a case of diahrea...yuk!. I'm hoping as time goes on I will learn to read my pouch even more. The major concern is not damaging the valve, especially while the pouch is in training. So I'm a little off track, but all in all I'm doing pretty good. I start 6 hrs tomorrow...crossing my fingers for an easy transition. Don't need this hicup tonight, but I'll get thru it.

No comments:

Post a Comment