Wednesday, December 9, 2009

surgery day & day 1

The day started @ 5am with the washing of my body with this anticeptic soap. Mom & I took the time to get ourselves ready to go. We met a lovely lady & her daughter in the waiting room. She unfortunately found cancer in both lungs. I feel so bad for her but she came out & first thing she asked was how I was doing. Someone suffering so from the news & all she was thinking about was me..a complete stranger. there are wonderful people in this world. Oddly enough I asked about her as well as soon as I was coherent enough. It's amazing how people connect. Ok back to surgery..my op nurse was Kaye, a very kind, gentle woman. The anesthesiologist was Lars, a very tall man who didn't strike me as an anesthesiologist, but he did a great job. My Dr who held my hand while they put me under. I knew I was in good hands..God & my guardian angels were watching over me. I was feeling nausea before dr launer came in & then I felt the calm come over. I felt myself drift off to lala land & then waking up in post op. I was nauseas all night but it subsided by midnight..thank goodness. The nurses were kind enough to move me to a private room because they heard my mom wanted to stay & they didn't want her sleeping in the lounge. So far everyone @ this hospital has been great.

I slept when I could..they come in what seems to be every hour to check your vitals & empty tubes which I have quite a few..it was a feat to get up this morning to get on the scale. I think it took 10 minutes just to get the tubes untangled & in place. I managed to get up..it hurt like a bitch. Most of my pain is under my rib cage so it hurts to breath. Dr Launer came in this morning & he said he was incredibly happy with the pouch. He couldn't use the old one but he said I had really good tissue and was happier to use that and create a new pouch. He said he's done a lot & can tell I have a great pouch & will do really well with it. That made me feel great! He is so reassuring & said I should be home by monday. I hope that each day gets better & that I will become a pro at emptying. He said I have a new lease on life. What more do you want to hear. Thank you to my mom for being here with me & always being by my side. I know my caring genes come from her. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment