Friday, December 11, 2009

day 3

Today started out with news that my blood levels dropped below 7 and it was time for a transfusion. I've never had one so I was a little nervous. Well the first bag went fine but when we put the 2nd bag on about 15 minutes in I started a fever. They immediately stopped the tranfusion and disconnected everything. We thought it was a reaction to the transfusion. I got really scared and I was really tired. We took a urine sample but nothing showed up. So with my temp increasing they decided to run more tests. Chest xray for a cough I have, more blood draws (feel like they took all I got) and another urine test. this was earlier in the day and at 7:30pn I was told that I did in fact have a UTI. I was very relieved. Now getting antibiotics and should be getting that cleared up. They are typing me now to continue the transfusion. Let's pray this was the worst day.

No comments:

Post a Comment