Thursday, December 10, 2009

day 2

Started my day @ 7am..got up to be weighed and went for a walk. Stayed up in bed for a while. Dr Launer came in and said everything was doing good, but my blood count was a little low and I am on the boarder of getting a blood transfusion. I'm praying my count increases and I don't need one. I'll know in the morning. In all my surgeries I've never had one and I really hope to keep it that way. I got up and walked quite a few times today and was able to have the catheter removed. I'm feeling really good considering and see myself getting stronger each day. Tomorrow I will learn how to use my catheter to intubate. I'm a little nervous but ready. I've been watching the nurses irrigate and so far so good. I told my grandma that I had the surgery and ended up crying. The realization that my jpouch is gone and I have a new one. Its a huge loss for me, but its now a new adventure. I hope I will get used to this quickly and get my life back on track free of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment