Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 16

I haven't posted in a while...here's a catch up. Was doing great once I left the hospital on the 14th until the late hours of the 22nd. I've had some anxiety intubating and I'm still getting used to the catheter being in there, but I only have until the 28th when it is removed permanently and I start my "pouch training"....that will be a difficult schedule, but better than walking around with a tube in me. I have to say that I really don't care where I go...I carry that thing with me and try to hide it under my coat as best as I can and of course keep the nasty side towards me (I do have respect for others). I just don't want to stop my life for this. I had a set back the other day...woke up to being drenched...my pouch was pouring out liquid...anything I put in came right back out. I went to the local ER (big mistake) and they admitted me. I was concerned about dehydration. I think I got some 24 hr stomach bug. Torrance Memorial sucked! Not even the GI doctor I saw knew about the K-pouch. Basically they pumped me with fluids and antibiotics and asked me a lot of questions. I should have made the drive to La Jolla and been near my doctor, but it all worked out and I'm home for the holidays. My kids & family were going to postpone it all until I got home...it's just not the same if we are all not there together. I'm looking forward to watching everyone eat our traditional seafood dinner tonight and enjoying watching my nephews & little cousin open their gifts. They are ages 2.5, 1.5, 5 mos. Mine are now 17 & 14 and this year I have managed to hopefully surprise them. You know they make their list (all the super expensive stuff) and you try hard to get at least one thing, but every year they figure it out...this year I think I have at least one of them. I can't wait to see his face tomorrow.

checking out for the day....Happy Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment