Wednesday, May 19, 2010

World IBD Day

It's so exciting to have a day for us finally. I never realized there wasn't one. My pouch didn't quite behave today and of course it had to be the day that all my senior management was in my office and we had meetings back to back. Needless to say I made it through the day with no damage, but not the kind of days I like. Well the best part of the day, aside from it being IBD day & wearing blue (my favorite color)...one of the offices participating in my fundraising efforts announced they raised $500 by selling tamales.

I've got an office challenge going on right now and it's basically called a "dime" drive. Filling a 16oz bottle full of dimes = $100. So the challenge is to collect as many bottles of dimes as they can and the winning office gets to keep a bottle to spend. Now most of our offices are split up in to teams so it's really by the team. Now who wouldn't like $100? So out of the blue I get this email announcing this and I was so overwhelmed I almost started to cry. I was hoping that each office would collect at least 1 bottle...maybe 2 at the most, but for 2 teams (who joined forces) raised that much money I was at a loss for words and we still have another few weeks to go. That inspired my office to do something similar and one of my Loan Officers said he would buy the tamales and let us keep the profit on it. How cool is that? And to top it all off, the company I work for matches the donations. So I am going to definitely exceed my goal which is fantastic news!!!!!

I'm one lucky girl to have a great support team around me. I took this day to not only make everyone aware, but to thank my office for all their support while I've gone through all of my trials and tribulations these last few years. Soon I will be stepping down, but I know the support will always be there. Thanks Woodland Hills Team B02 & B06 for your incredible fundraising efforts :)

2 comments:

  1. awesome to work for such a generous company! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock!!! What you are doing for IBD is amazing and I'm so glad you have the support behind you. Love ya twinie.

    ReplyDelete