Sunday, May 2, 2010

Helping Others

I walked 5 miles today with Team Challenge and even jogged a little. I was surprised that I felt really good and I didn't feel my pouch jiggle around like I thought it would. So I plan on trying it again next week for a little longer and see how I do. After our team breakfast I went to Huntington Hospital to visit to step 1 jpouch patients. Dr. Kaufman performed thier surgeries on Wednesday & both of them were doing really well. I got to see both of their ileostomies and I even help Claudia change hers. It's really weird doing it for someone else, but she was a trooper and I really enjoyed helping her out and making her feel a little more comfortable about it. Michael was a hoot and he had the perfect looking stoma. I can't tell you how much I enjoy helping other patients, whether it's with an ostomy, cancer, jpouch or koch pouch. I feel very fortunate with all my surgeries and I am grateful to be given the opportunity to help others. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Susan...you are a true treasure and your giving back will make all the difference into their lives. It's a great diversion and yes, life is good! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete