Saturday, May 8, 2010

great day ended with a leak

So my day started out fantastic...got up, got dressed and out the door I went on my usual Saturday morning walk. Only today was absolutely gorgeous out. People were down at the already at 8:30am beach playing volleyball, walking, riding bikes, roller blading, jogging...even setting up camp for a day at the beach. I love mornings like that! and it was even warm...now I really love that! Brodee was off to a Jazz band competition with school and Ian was hanging out with his friends. So I went into the office for a bit, got some things done and the hubby text to see if I wanted to go on a hike. We met up around 2pm and off we went to PV. I've lived all over that hill and had never been to this area. We went on a beautiful hike down this trail and settled up on a knoll with trees. There was a little sitting area overlooking the coast and we sat there for a few hours while he serenaded me with his mini Martin guitar. I love when he does that and we sat and soaked up the sun, got to pet a few dogs as they came around with their owners and watched a few lizards scamper through the brush.

Heading back up the hill to the car we watched a man unicycle the same hill...I seriously don't know how the heck he did that. Near the top my stoma started to twitch and all of the sudden I felt air and more. I was hoping the more part was a figment of my imagination, but it wasn't. It poured out and the pad was covered. So we walked a little faster and a more came out. Got to the car and cleaned it off...still stuff coming out. I thought it was under control and here came more air bubbles and that not so good feeling. My husband was worried and I was too, but I was trying to be calm and rationalize why this could be happening. Of course apologizing for the smell and he said "don't worry hon, it's like a wet fart" I enjoyed the laugh and we headed to the nearest Starbucks so I could get my catheter in. I had no trouble getting it in. My thought is that my valve didn't shut all the way after my last intubation or something got caught in the valve causing it to stay open slightly which would make the most sense to me seeing that I haven't had another incident since and my pouch was pretty full when I emptied it. I typically take it out slowly and I was in a hurry to leave and took it out quicker than normal. Maybe a darn piece of lettuce got stuck...who knows, but I'm hoping it will never happen again! I'm just glad i was with my husband when it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment