Saturday, February 13, 2010

What a week

Work has definitely been challenging and I find myself exhausted by 8pm. I lay in bed and my feet start cramping and I think...did I drink enough today? It seems like no matter how much I drink (incorporating grape or prune juice throughout the day) it just doesn't seem to be enough, so I down a vita pack and try and get some sleep hoping that tomorrow will be an easier day. With the jpouch it took all of 2 minutes to empty...now I spend sometimes up to 30 minutes between preping, intubating, cleaning up & bandaging....I think 15 has been my shortest. But I look back on what the fisutla infection was causing to my body and I thank God this surgery was available. In my eyes it was another success and as afraid as I was to have it...I am really grateful. I've tested out some new foods this week and did really well. I'm learning to not be so afraid and just give it a try. There are some foods I will forever stay away from, but I can live with that. My next hurdle is getting the courage to start training for the half marathon in July...dehydration is my fear. It's time to put fears to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment