Sunday, September 26, 2010

Decisions Decisions

So it has been determined that I need surgery. I have a patulous (floppy) valve which is causing the intermitten incontinence. So now I have to decide if I have surgery with the doc who took over for my original doc or do I go to the Cleveland Clinic and have it done there??? A week in the hospital, 2 weeks with the catheter in...THIS REALLY SUCKS! With a family, kids, work it's not the easiest to be away for 3 weeks should I go to Cleveland and if I stay local i'm not 100% confident in Dr W. The one saving grace of all of it is that Dr. L offered to be in the surgery and assist or do a teleconfrence type thing. All in all they can't determine exactly what needs to be done until they are in there. I was really hoping to not have to do this so soon. I had 19 yrs with my j-pouch...I was hoping for at least that same amount of time with my k-pouch. Hopefully I will get more answers this coming week to make a sound decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment