Sunday, August 8, 2010

20 Year Reunion

20 yrs...wow! how time flys. It was great seeing everyone, especially those that I went to school with since kindergarden. Most remember me as being sick so it was nice for them to see me as being well. One of my old classmates said he saw my name on the list and out of everyone he wanted to see me the most. All he remembers is seeing me at 8th grade graduation in a wheel chair and then I was gone. I unfortunately was only able to attend MHS until early 10th grade and I was in and out of the hospital so much that I was pretty much invisible at school. He was so happy to see that I was well and I was finally able to explain what was going on with me at that time.

When you are 13 it's not like you can have a conversation with your friends and say...Hey I have Ulcerative Colitis! Still some adults don't even know what that is, but at least when you explain it they understand. It was funny...I did have a little woopsie moment there, but handled it with grace...or at least I want to think I did..lol!

It doesn't matter how long it's been since last seeing someone...we all seem to fall right back in from where we last left off like no time has passed. I have to say I've been very blessed to have some amazing people in my life and I'm excited to rekindle some old friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment